Sunday, June 14, 2009

We have a sitter! and other new stuff....

Photobucket
One friday night we were playing on the floor and I put Addison on the sitting position and she stayed there! We played for about an hour with her sitting up!! She has only fell backwards once hitting her head on the floor. She usually goes to the side then goes on her belly. So we can now do this in the bath...
Photobucket

I've also taken her to the doctor to figure out why she's so whinny all the time. It's constant. From the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to sleep. sometimes in her sleep. I can't handle it anymore. So off we went. First it was her reflux acting up again. She was put back on her medicine. That helped with the spitting up but the whinning was still there. And getting worse. So Thursday we went back. She was tested for a urinary tract infection. Negative. Then we talked about her formula. She got switched from enfimal gentle ease to similac allimentum. It's for protien allergy babies. So she' might have a protien allergy. that would mean NO milk products. possibly ever. No ice cream! How can someone live w/o having ice cream?! My poor baby :( We go back at the end of the month for her 6 month check up. I'm going to ask about the blood test for the protien allergy. So far the formula change has helped. Now she just wants to be held and carried around all day, kind of hard to do when I'm trying to clean and do laundry.

She has also discovered Cory. They are now best friends...it may not look like it, but Cory lets her lay all over her and pull on her all day.
Photobucket

3 comments:

The VanBruwaene's said...

Hello
My name is Melissa I have a now 1 yr old with a SEVERE MPA. What I can tell you is that a blood test will tell but if it is a slight allergy it may not. however if it doesn't show up and you continue to give her milk protien it will only get worse. we go to a GI doc named Dr. Kahled in Peoria Il he has done so much reasearch and he is a god sent to us. Allumentium/nutramigen are both hypoallergenic formulas however they do have slight milk protien in them the only formulas that do not are EleCare and NeoCate. I have also been giving my daughter Alivia a probiotic called Culturelle (it is OTC and completely safe for infants children and adults) I take 2 a day and she takes 1 because I do still nurse along with formula feeding. Dr Kahled did provide me with the studies about giving the probiotic to her b/c we actually started her on it at 3 weeks. I would love to talk with you if you are so inclined my email is pc_melissa_v@yahoo.com I don't want to leave my phone # on here but would love to tell you the research I have found and what has really worked for us. Good luck to you!!!!

Robyn said...

My daughter had a protein/dairy allergy at birth. She was unfortunately sick with several other potentially severe issues so this was a relatively minor diagnosis. M was exclusively breastfed so I did not have any dairy for a very very long time. . . I would suggest that you do not wait for an allergy test-get it now or switch her to non dairy, we don't need milk protein to be healthy and well.. She may be miserable and be damaging her digestive system if she is accidentally being given dairy when allergic. I have not found most docs to be terribly great about dealing with this. We turned to many alterantive treatments like acidolphilus to help M's digestive comfort and growth. M did not have dairy for many years. People misunderstand this allergy as simply lactose interolant and it can be challenging to find foods that truly do not contain dairy proteins-but it can be done! Plan on providing snacks for her at friends birthday parties and keeping a vigilant eye on her food consumption. M's allergy has improved and she does not have severe reactions any longer. You may have some relief for the future too!!

Jess said...

That picture of Addison and Cory is SO cute! I can dream that one day my little Tucker will let the future baby play him, although Tucker is so small the baby will probably be bigger than he is by the time it is two months old!

Hope Addison is still feeling better.