I don't think I realized how stressful planning a reception in 6 weeks would be. Until now. I have:
the date-July 25th.
the photographer-Jen. YAY!
I have my ring (from my grandma who passed away 2 years ago. Its amazing. I need to take a picture of it).
a location-dads house.
I need:
Time frame...does 4-10 sound good? too long?
date for the ceremony-option to have beore the reception or at the beach
kyle's ring
some sort of dress/skirt/outfit
flowers for me? If so, stargazer lillies
food-chicken and brats and hotdogs for the kids sound good?
paper products-going to GFS tomorrow or friday to check out prices
send out invites-first week of july
beer/alcohol-kyle parents?
I really love my whole family's ideas but I dont think they know that I'm NOT made of money. Yes yes I know, I thought I was too. First my future MIL wanted me to spend big bucks on the invites. Then my mom gets angry about a photographer-she thought I spent like thousands of dollars..again, like I have that kind of money.
I can't even imagine what it would be like if I was having a real big time ceremony. I'm sure I'd go crazy before it even happened. Don't know how all the brides out there do it!
Back to getting addresses together. *sigh*
1 comment:
I can totally relate. My wedding 14 years ago was very small, on a budget, and not fancy at all. I think we spent maybe $1500 on the whole thing. We had a potluck reception, my dress was $200, friends got the flowers, and we got married in this lovely stone shelter up in the Boulder, CO mountains. It cost $25 to rent from the Park Authority! It was a perfect, beautiful ceremony. Didn't miss the fancy stuff one bit.
Congratulations and enjoy your big day!
Holly at TheBlogFrog
Post a Comment