Thursday, December 1, 2011

Almost 3....

In less than a month I will have a 3 yr old. And incredibly smart, talented, beautiful 3 yr old. Time sure does fly by. 3 yrs ago I was super pregnant. Wanting to hold my baby. And now? Well I want time to slow down. I don't want to have a 3 yr old. A bossy, spoiled rotten, stinker 3 yr old who's favorite sentence is "don't talk to me! I'm crabby!".

A child who's a lover of musicals and princess stories. A child who would rather play dress up with her "old baby" than take a nap. A kid who hates veggies but loves pesto sauce. A kid who has asked Santa for a "Dorothy clock" for Christmas. And man if santa doesn't deliver, well, he better look out!! A kid who sleeps with a million blankets but cuddles with just one. A kid who wakes up at 3am to ask if the sun is up. Or if she could come sleep in my bed because she "doesn't like shadows". A kid who gives the best hugs. The best kisses. And at the times where she's driving me up the wall says "but mom! I love you for ever and ever again" a kid who won't go to bed unless she gets a kiss, Eskimo kiss, high five and a fist pump. I always have to take an extra one for Kyle if he's not home at bed time and give it to him when I see him.

I really can't believe my baby will be 3 at the end of this month. I don't want to imagine how fast the next year of her life will go.

No comments: