Monday, December 26, 2011

Phew! Glad that's over! {Pic heavy!!!}

For us, Christmas started on Friday and went until Sunday at 8pm. Yep. 48 straight hours of Christmas celebration. Sure it was fun seeing the family. Sure Addison had an absolute blast. But come on. I'm exhausted!! Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead lol.

Friday night we celebrated at my moms house. It was different this year. We usually go over to her house on Christmas morning for a HUGE breakfast but now with 4 grandbabies she wanted them to enjoy their gifts instead of us all rushing off as soon as we're done eating. The kids had fun, got some great toys, the food was delicious as always (my mom is an ah-mazing breakfast cook!) and it was nice to see my sis and the kids.




Saturday morning as usual, we headed over to my dads house. This year we also did something different. Instead of having a huge Christmas feast we got Subway and had chips. Again. Awesome. My stepmom just had her gallbladder taken out and they are hosting tomorrow night so I understand not wanting to cook twice (and fine with me!).

{Barbie makeup...thanks dad!}

{Mason doesn't let anyone hold him. He doesn't like anyone. I was shocked when I saw this!}

{Partners in crime!}


Saturday night we headed over to the inlaws for dinner and more presents. Again, no big dinner! I have seriously lucked out this year and I couldn't be happier! There's only so much turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and corn a person can eat. I'm glad yesterday was more of a pot luck at all the parties we had to go to. Erik was home from school and I don't think Addi has been more excited to see anyone. He was all she talked about in the car and she wanted no one but him all night. I'm glad that she loves him so much.





Sunday morning we woke up and opened presents here. Twinkle left Addi a little note and gave her a special gift. She was VERY excited about that! This girl is beyond spoiled and had a great time opening gifts. Next year I think i'm going to open all of them first. I spent over an hour taking toys out of the packaging. Absolutely ridiculous!




Sunday afternoon we headed back over to the inlaws to celebrate with the whole Discher clan. It was fun as usual. Addi had a blast helping pass out the presents and singing Happy Birthday to great grandpa D. But waking up early+lots of sugar+no nap+lots of toys+lots of people=on grumpy kid at 4pm. So we headed home a little early to rest before heading to my dads house. And instead of Addi napping, I did. She and Kyle put together her Dorothy puzzle. Very loudly I might add.




After that we headed back to my dads for the Wiesemann traditional Christmas. Lots of people+6 small children+little space=one big headache for me. The kids were THRILLED to see Santa come! We left pretty early thinking that Addi would crash on the way home but nope, she was wide awake the whole way home. And stayed up past her bedtime. I was too exhausted to care. My head was throbbing. Kyle was in charge.



Today was spent cleaning up the boxes and garbage bags of wrapping paper, organizing toys, hooking up the Xbox Kinect (which lead to rearranging the living room and dinning room), getting toys ready to donate to GoodWill and relaxing. We took down the tree and most of the decorations. Feels so good to have my dinning room back to (semi) normal again.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will be spent getting the house ready for Addi's party on Wednesday evening. I can't believe my baby will be 3 in less than 36 hours.






No comments: