This weekend I had a lot of things planned. Friday I was supposed to clean up the house and finish laundry before Renee came down on Saturday morning. Saturday night I was suppose to go to a bonfire at a friends house. My leg had other ideas....
While giving Addi a bath on Friday night (around 6pm) my incision split wide open. Dan came over and took care of Addi while my dad and step mom took me to the ER. Luckily Kyle was home within 5 minutes of us leaving and Uncle Dan wasn't stuck by himself for too long.
I was at PMH (why I ever said I'd go there, is beyond me, I'm going to blame being in shock) for almost 2 hours before they saw me. I get back to the room and am asked why I'm crying...Oh, I don't know, I just have a huge gapping hole in my leg. No big deal I guess. Ugh I hate that place SO much!! They didn't close the incision but instead packed it with saline soaked guaze pads and wrapped up my leg. I was also put on antibiotics and vicodin for the pain. I went to my dr at the UIC on Monday morning and he said to continue doing the same thing. While it was a waste of a trip, I'm glad I got to see my real doc instead of the quacks at PMH.
Saturday Renee came down and we had such a blast. We did a little shopping and I got some fall decorations and some clothes for Addi (shocker!). We sat at home on Saturday night and watched HGTV, drank daquiris and tore down wallpaper in the bathroom (bathroom remodel post coming soon!!). Sunday morning she left early and Addi and I just hung out. Dad came over and worked hard on the bathroom since I was pretty much out of commission. I was able to take a 3 hour-yes 3 hour!!-nap. We all watching the football game together and enjoyed our Sunday.
Thursday is the Lady Antebellum concert at Purdue...can't wait to go see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment