Thursday, March 19, 2009

6 year anniversary

Kyle and I's 6 year anniversary is coming up pretty soon-April 19th and I have NO idea what to get/do for him. He doesn't like presents and if he wants something will just go get it. Its the same with me, which is why he says he hasn't gotten anything for me for Christmas, my birthday, valentine's day or any other holiday in like a year. We have the money that if either of us wants it, we just get it. But I really want to go away. Not for the weekend, just a night. Just the two of us. Some place local so if there is an emergency we can be home in a few minutes. At the same time, I dont know if I'm ready to leave Addison yet. She'll be with my mom so its not like a stranger will be watching her. But she'll only be 3 months. Is that too soon? I really could use the sleep though. Kyle and I could really use the "us" time. I know I want to go to Maggiono's in Chicago. We've had a gift certificate for 2 years that we haven't used. We just get so busy and by the time dinner rolls around who wants to drive to Chicago and deal with that mess? Things have been so great between us. We haven't found in almost a year. I dont count the petty little arguments about the garbage or dishes or pop cans laying around. I know he's stressed at work but now that Addison is here when he comes home he relaxes for a little bit and then spends time with us. Sure sometimes she isn't too happy with him, but she's so used to being with me all day every day she isn't used to anyone but me really. I think that will change once she starts being more active and doing things. Last night she was in her bouncer just looking up at him and "talking" to him. If he got out of eyesight she got mad. He would tickle her and shed just look at him. He went out last night with Dan and she started to cry a little when he left. But if he holds her, thats another story. She'll start crying and screaming. and then he gets upset that shes crying. Oh its a big mess!

Today she was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and when the song at the end "Hot diggity dog" came on and she just kicked and started talking, almost laughing. Then I turned on Baby Einstein while I did the dishes and she was just in awe about the music and lights and everything. When it was over-I had no idea it was over-she started crying. She's also becoming more interested in the dogs. This morning when she woke up we said good morning to them like always and she was just in a trance looking at Cory. Cory and Addison are going to be pals when she's older, I can tell. I realize that I love her more and more every day. I honestly didn't know I could love someone as much as I love her. I always thought my love for Kyle was enough until I had Addison. Its such and intense love, I can't even describe it. When I'm holding her and she kinda wraps her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder ahhh i love it. Or when she wakes up from a nap and I go get her and say 'Hi punkin' how she just smiles from ear to ear.

No comments: