Monday, June 4, 2012
It's baaaaacccckkkkk
When addi was a baby she had horrible separation anxiety. I could barely even step foot in our kitchen before she'd freak out. Leave her with Kyle? Ha you're funny. A sitter? Hilarous. When I went back to work in '09 it really was the best thing for us. Working on and off for the past 2.5 years has really been great. But now that I've been off for 6 months and she's with me 5 out of 7 days a week 24/7? It's back. With a vengeance.
I can't remember the last time I showered without a child in the room. Or got dressed by myself. Or sat on the couch with out a child on my lap. Or slept in my bed by myself (Kyle's on midnights). She HATES being alone. Especially at night. She sleeps with a lamp on, 2 night lights and over 100 glow in the dark stars on her wall. I don't know how she even falls asleep with all that on. At some point in the middle of the night she creeps into my room, gets on Kyles side and goes back to sleep. I don't hear her anymore and sure don't feel her in bed. Sneaky little child I tell ya.
Oh and don't even mention me going back to school (during her school hours). Be prepared for a WW3 meltdown.
If I'm not in seeing distance she freaks out. I always joke that the umbilical cord is getting stretched a little far when she's playing by herself, realizes I'm not there and freaks out.
I know it's just a phase but come on, when does it end?? Any suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment