Saturday, November 26, 2011

Y3W-In the Mood!

Well it's finally hit! I'm in the holiday spirit! Wednesday was my works pot luck and we played Christmas music {<3 it!} then Thursday was Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping. Friday was the Twilight Christmas Parade downtown Chesterton and that put me in the mood for sure!

Today we are {hopefully} going to pick out our tree. Kyle says he "doesn't feel good" which is code for "I don't want to do anything today" but we are going. I don't care if I have to go by myself. I plan on fully decorating tonight and maybe doing a little more shopping.

I've also decided to start the "elf on a shelf" tradition. Elf on a shelf is a Christmas tradition where Santa sends down an elf to the houses of every little girl and boy and reports back each night to Santa on if the children were good or bad. Each night he reappears in a new spot. Kids can't touch him or his magical dust will come off and he can't fly back to the North Pole. You have to name your elf {which I'm sure will be Dorothy} and tell Santa you got the elf. Pretty cute idea huh? I plan on taking a picture each day of his new "spot" and making a weekly post :)

Tomorrow we are going to the Shedd Aquarium and Michigan Ave to see the lights. I'm pretty excited :)

No comments: