Thursday will officially be my last day at Arnell. My department is being cut, 2 girls are being laid off (myself and Melaine) and 2 girls are being transfered to other positions. This isn't some big surprise, it's been coming for a year now. It honestly doesn't make sense and no one but the GM wants this to happen. I'm not sad really. I'll miss the girls in the office. I'll miss our little family/support system that we've created. I'll miss some of the guys. I'll miss the hours. What I WON'T miss the the dealership drama. The lying to customers. The GM.
So the plan is that I'll stay home with Addi (and get unemployment) for a while and continue looking for a job. We are keeping her in school 2-3 days a week. I love that Kelly is so flexible and is allowing us to do that!! We can't pull Ad away from her friends...her bestest friend Morgan...it's just not right for her. Plus she's learning too much to stop now. I'm so grateful that she has an awesome teacher :)
Don't know if I mentioned this but Kyle may have a broken foot. He fell down a ladder on Thursday and as of right now it's just severely sprained. He goes back to the dr on Friday for more xrays. If it is broken he has to have surgery. He's on light duty at work for 4-12 weeks, in a boot cast and has to use crutches.
I guess the upside to me not working for a while is I can get my butt back to the gym. Addi is going to school Wednesday and Friday and zumba is at 9am on those mornings. Oh how I've missed it so much!! I'm also looking forward to the things I can get done around the house...like take down the ugly wallpaper in the kitchen and paint it, do yard work, go on playdates with my SAHM friends, destress from work.
I've come to the conclusion that this is a blessing in disguise and we'll get through this...
No comments:
Post a Comment