Saturday, September 11, 2010

Surgery update...

Well we're on day 3 now. I took off the big bandage yesterday afternoon and the little one this morning before I got in the shower. Then I about passed out in the shower I was so nauseous. Now I can watch someone bleed, take care of you if you were bleeding everywhere, but my own blood? my own wounds? Not a chance in hell. I can't stomach it at all. My leg incision is about 3 inches and there are 9 stitches. My whole leg is still very much swollen (to be expected) and is now bruising. I had to call the dr on call today because my lower calf is numb and tingling. He said the swelling could be pushing on nerves which is causing the numbness; keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, of course to go the ER. I go for my post op checkup on Thursday.

More good news? I'm having an allergic reaction to the tape they used to cover up the incisions. Yep pretty much my whole leg is itching and red, which isn't helping the pain any lol. I have steriod cream from my arm that I'm using but it take a few days to kick in. I also can't wear a bandage over the stitches because it rubs up against the rash making it really uncomfortable. I also can't sleep. I wake up every hour, 2 hours and check the clock. I can't sleep on my side and I feel like I'm suffocating if I sleep on my back (which is the only way my leg is comfortable). I can't wait until the cream kicks in and my leg calm downs with the reaction. I'm sitting here trying not to itch my leg or just cut it off. I'm going to take some benydril and go to bed....night :)

No comments: