Thursday, September 9, 2010

One down, more to go (possibly)....

Yesterday was my surgery. We got to the hospital at 7:15 and I had the radioactive dye in my leg at 8:30, waited for an hour then had the PET scan which took 20 minutes. From there I was sent up to the surgery center. Surgery was scheduled at 12 but there was a big case before me (patient had stomach cancer that spread farther than what they thought). I didn't get into surgery until 3:30 and it lasted about an hour or so.

I did not have a skin graft but they had to pull my skin really tight to close with stitches so I'm sure it will fun when it starts healing. I also had to have a lymph node in my groin removed. Dr didn't like the way it looked. Could be cancerous could just be a cold, I'll know more next week when I go in for my post op checkup.

Addi was super excited to see me this morning. She was my shadow <3 I showed her my bandages and she said "momma owie, kiss it" and she gave me a kiss. Super cute :)

I'm still groggy and tired. My left leg is very sore so I limp everywhere, which is incredibly atttractive LOL!

I'm going back to sleep now :)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

so happy everything went well. but let me know what they say when the results come back and you go for your post op apt! hope to see you at work Monday!