Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm going to play along this week with The Foster Family and say what I'm thankful for. Ready? OK. Good!

~My family. I wish we were a little closer with my dads side of the family but it's still nice that we all live in the same town and over the years we have all become closer since we are getting older and realizing what is important in life.

~My husband. We may fight and bicker over the stupidest stuff but at the end of the day he's the one I come home to and the one who can make me laugh. I think it's funny that we weren't even supposed to date each other because "I don't want to loose my best friend" and then not supposed to go public with our relationship "we're just going to be friends who fool around" to moving in together after 2 years of dating, buying a house after 4 and having a baby and getting married after 6. It will be 7 of the craziest years of my life on April 19th. I love you baby

~My daughter. I don't even know where to start. I/we can't remember our lives with Addison. OK maybe the rest full nights, the carefree days of not having to worry about a sitter/not fighting over who's turn it is to go out, but I wouldn't trade that for anything. I love our weekends together. All day Sunday we sit in our PJ's and watch cartoons. Or play outside if its nice. We all cuddle on the couch and watch Blue's Clues. Or Mickey Mouse. Or whatever Addison happens to be into at the moment. I wouldn't trade that for anything. Being called momma is quite possibly the best thing in the world.

~My friends-new and old. Over the years I have truly learned who my friends are. I'm not saying I was part of the popular crowd at school but I did hang out with alot of people. Over the years we have drifted but I can for sure say I have come to realize who the true ones out there are. I had lost contact with a friend from middle school, only to run into her at a bar and now we talk every day, our kids are best friends and she has gotten me back into working out. I met a girl from a mom website and we are now best friends. Even with a 2 hour drive between us we talk every day, email pictures of our kids and have planned visits throughout the summer. And of course there are my other mommy friends and my single/no kid friends to help me remember to have fun!

~My job. With so many people unemployed these days I am grateful for my job. As much as I loved staying home with Addison for 7 months and love having my Friday off every couple weeks, I can also tell how much she loves going to school and playing with her friends. We both need that time apart.

~My house. Again, with the unemployment, come foreclosure. I'm so incredibly lucky that kyle still has his job and we can pay our bills. Sure I may complain but at least we have a place to call home.