Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bedtime Routine


I started following this new blog {ok, not new to the blog world, just to me} and every week she posts a new topic and the followers join in. Kind of like the Wordless Wednesday and Friday Phone Dump posts I do. Ok, anyways, todays was about bedtime routines. I am so so so so so so so soooooo glad that Addi has been on the SAME routine since she was 2 months old. That's probably the #1 advice I give to new moms and dads. Put your kid on a schedule ASAP. It's tough in the beginning but in the end you'll love it. We sure do!

We eat dinner anywhere between 5-6:30 {depending on how lazy I am, who's hungry and if I need to defrost meat}, then after dinner we take a bath. I'll let Addi play in the bath for as long as she wants. Sometimes is 20 minutes, sometimes it's 45. Yes. 45 minutes. This kid could live in the water. After bath she gets out and she puts on her jammies and I brush her hair. Sometimes we will read stories or jump on the bed or just laugh at each other.



After that's all done we come back downstairs and pop in a movie or watch a show. She HAS to lay down while she's watching it. We usually cuddle or she lays on my lap and I'm catching up on my facebook or blog reading.

Between 8-8:30 she goes upstairs. Now this can go one of two ways. No matter which way the night goes, we always say our good part and bad part of the day. I'm not sure where I read this or heard of it but it's really cute.
1) She goes up to her room without a fight, lays down, gives kisses and passes out.
2) She kicks and screams that she's not tired {oh really???} and that she wants to see daddy or she needs 1 billion stuffed animals, baby dolls, toys and her explorer to sleep with. Then she has to pee. And she needs more water. And other kiss. Or hug. Kid drives me crazy sometimes! This "routine" goes until like 8:45. By then I want to beat her (JK!!! i would never do that!!).

She sleeps until 7:30-8am. and we start the day all over again!


How does your bedtime routine go? Follow along with the rest of the mommas over at Growing up Geeky!


No comments: