This week over at Kelly's Korner, it's all about being a mom to girls (or girl in my case). I absolutely positively love being a mom to a little princess. From the moment I knew where babies came from I always wanted to have a girl first then boy. So when I got pregnant with Addison I hoped and prayed I'd have a little girl first. My nana had died a few months before I got pregnant so I'd always "talk" to her asking her to give me a girl. She knew how much I not only desperately wanted a baby, but a girl at that. For 20 long weeks I had to wait to find out the sex of my baby. Kyle and I already had a boys name but we were stuck on a girls. I of course went out and bought baby name books and spent countless hours online looking for thr perfect one. One night we were eating dinner at Applebee's with a friend and the Cubs were playing. Kyle said "how about Addison if it's a girl? Wrigley is on Clark and Addison and we both like the cubs and it's a pretty name, what do you think?". I.was.in.love. Then at 19 weeks we found out we were having a girl and I cried like a baby. I was so incredibly over the moon happy.
And the rest is history.
I'm a girly girl at heart so to have a daughter who loves to play dress up and put makeup on and play with babies, babies, have tea parties and loves thr color pink is amazing.
At the same time though she's a tomboy. She loves to be outside and get dirty. While in a dress or skirt mind you.

No comments:
Post a Comment