Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy 2012!

So this is a little late. Sue me. Blame Comcast for the lack of Internet for the past week. So glad to have it back up and running!!

2011 we probably one of the worst years ever. A week before I got laid off of Arnell, Kyle severely sprained his foot, causing him to miss a couple weeks of work. Then I was out of a job for a while. Kyle's work was slow. The summer was fun hanging out with friends and being home with Addi but it was rough for Kyle and I. We weren't used to being around each other that often and we fought. A lot. Then I got the job at Nissan. Thought it was going to be the best job ever. How far from the truth that was. Got fired 3 days before Christmas. Merry Christmas to me huh? Oh well. I'd rather be home with Addison than be at a job that I absolutely positively hate. I was more stressed there than at Arnell {which I thought wasn't even possible}. Ray died. Still miss him like crazy. Family drama. Nothing seemed to go our way. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

Not this year.

I refuse to let 2012 be a repeat of 2011. REFUSE!

Sure I'm unemployed right now, but Kyle is working a lot and will be on a turn around that will last about 9-12 months at BP. I'll get my Altima back and he will drive the Sentra again {thank GOD!!!!!}. I can now take Addi to dance again and I'm thinkg about putting her back in gymnastics. Or karate. Or something. She still goes to school 2 days a week and loves it. I'm back at the gym 3-4 days a week. Trying to make dinner every night so we aren't eating out or eating junk {anyone have some good crock pot receipes???}.

But the one thing that has made me smile throughout the year?

This girl. 

January: birthday parties, first hair cut and sleepovers



And Snowmaggedon...how could ANYONE forget that?!

February: Valentine's Day and The Museum of Science and Industry with my dad and stepmom


March: Got laid off from work, had some fun playdates


April: Easter, gymnastics and first time bowling.



May: First manicure and swimming {Memorial Day!!! CRAZY!!}


June: Family trip to Brookfield Zoo, a certain little girl turned 2 1/2 years old :(



July: best part of the summer. Porter County Fair :)



August: very talented daughter (dance, gymnastics, artist)




September: new job, new routines, WIZARD OF OZ Fest!!!



October: Pumpkin pickin' and Halloween




November: "camping", Ray died, Twinkle, Christmas Tree



December: Christmas and Birthdays!!!






1 comment:

Samantha said...

omg, we have living in our crockpot..
I've been making:

Chicken & Dumplings.
Chili.
Chicken, beef or turkey Tacos.
Spaghetti & mostacolli.