Monday, May 2, 2011

Morgan and Gymnastics

Saturday Addi had her very first gymnastics class :) Michelle and I signed up Morgan and Addi together so they'd be in the same class together and would actually participate and not just sit and cry the whole time. Well, it worked...Kinda... Morgan had a little freak out in the beginning when we were 'warming' up (to Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes of all songs!) and Addi freaked out during the somersault part. She didn't want to a back roll. But in the end both girls loved being together and doing gymnastics. Addi's favorite part (I think) was the uneven bars. The instructor let the kids hang there for a few seconds and Addi was upset when she had to get off. She also held her knees up to her chest for quite some time before she got tired. I'm very excited that she's getting into that age of being able to participate in sports/activites.




And now on to Morgan. Morgan and Addi are 2 weeks apart. They've been going to daycare since they were 7 months old. Within the last oh 6 months I'd say they have become the bestest of friends. They "call" each other on the weekends and constantly talk about one another. Here are just a few of the conversations Addi and I have about Michelle and Morgan :

addi talking on the phone:
"hi, how are you? oh i miss you! i sick. no school today. you my best friend?"
me: addi who are yiou talking to?
addi- Michelle silly!


Addi: mommy where is Morgan?
Me: at her house with her mommy...
Addi: I go to her house on Saturday!! I sleep at michelles. It's my house too.
Me: you want to leave mommy and go stay with Morgan?? That makes mommy sad :(
Addi: it's ok mom, u come play someday! ---The girls always say "some day" because thats what we tell them when we don't have a specific day planned..
 
The girls play so well together it's unbelievable. You would think being 2 they would fight over everything but they don't! Michelle and I joke about our own kids driving us crazy but we'd watch each others in a heart beat...or have them together.






I hope with everything I have Morgan and Addi stay friends forever. Morgan comes from a great family and Michelle and I are quickly becoming great friends and she will soon be having another baby that I can't wait to spoil :)

No comments: