For the past 6 weeks Addison has had this cough. At first it was bad, then it got better then it got worse again then it was gone. It reared its ugly head again on Monday. I figured its just part of the cold she's getting, no big deal. Last night she was up a few times coughing or would just cough in her sleep-like every 20 minutes though. I've never been one of those "take thier kid to the dr every time they have a cold" kind of mom. I'm a firm believer in it takes 7 days to get a cough, 7 days to have it and 7 days to get rid of it--or at least for adults I am. So like usual, I told Kyle that she has an appt next week anyway I'll just mention it then. He settled on that answer and we dropped the subject.
Today was just like any other day. She woke up, went to school and was fine. That is until my mom picked her up. She had a slight fever-no problem, she's cutting teeth, its normal-and was wheezing. I called the dr and they say to get her into the ER like NOW! I have to leave work-which I have the best boss and coworkers!!-and rush her to the ER. Where we wait. and wait. and wait. Just another reason why I hate Porter Memorial. Glad there were nothing seriously wrong with her. She gets blood drawn and chest xrays and we wait some more. Finally the dr comes back and says she has bronchitis. Oh joy! Nothing a little bit of antibiotics can't take care of.
Now she's sleeping. A poptart from the vending machine was for dinner. Poor baby. I feel so bad for her. I'm hoping these meds kick in soon and her cough sounds better.
1 comment:
poor thing! hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment