When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come Addison, cradle and all
I have sang this song to Addison since she was a newborn. During those endless nights of her getting up every 2-3 hours I'd sing it to her while she was eating, or while we were both fighting a nap. Now I really only sing it to her if she's screaming in the car or being cranky. Tonight was a different story.
She's been able to fall asleep on her own for I don't know how many months now. Since she was 6 1/2 months old she's been able to hold her own bottle so I don't have to hold her while she eats in the middle of the night. Now she doesn't take a bottle (or only 1) and she's 11 months old I'm not going to rock her when she wakes up-she'll think its play time.
She has been exteremly cranky the last few days due to her top two teeth coming in. She has no problem falling asleep but staying asleep has been a struggle. She's reverted back to waking up 2 times a night and not taking good naps during the day. Tonight wasn't an exeption. She went to bed at 8, woke up at 10 screaming bloody murder, drank a bottle but didn't fall back asleep. So I went up to her room and rocked her back to sleep. Singing to her ever so softly while she chewed on her blanky and softly tapped on my chest.
I'm not going to lie. I had tears in my eyes. My 11 month old baby actually wanted to be rocked to sleep because she was in pain. She wasn't even like that when she had surgery. I guess just forgot how much I really did enjoy and miss having our special alone time in the middle of the night...
No comments:
Post a Comment