Friday, May 1, 2009

4 months old and so much more!

Addison is now 4 months old! She's getting so big! She weighs 15.3lbs and is 25 inches which puts her in the 80th and 75th percentile respectively. We started her on cereal a few weeks ago to try and help with her reflux and so far its worked *knock on wood*! She LOVES it! I've started to add fruit in the morning and last night she had her first taste of squash. She ate the entire container! My little piggy!
The other night after each bite she'd chew on her hands, therefore getting cereal all over the place. Lucky for us she loves taking a bath...maybe she did it just to get one??
Photobucket

She can also sit up very well now. Sometimes she can do it for a few seconds unassisted. She has discovered her voice and now does this high pitched squeal when she's sitting in her bouncer (that doesn't work, but she still loves it). She has found a few toys and will play with them for a few. Usually only in the car before the blood curdling screaming starts. Last night we went out to dinner and she just sat in her carseat and chewed on the toy.

I thought for sure her "everyone but mom" anxiety was over since Kyle was home for a week. She did so great when I went to a concert on wednesday night. AWESOME in fact, I was so proud! Today I leave for 45 minutes and she screams almost the entire time. She didn't stop until I walked in the door and took her. Then she starts smiling. Little stinker I tell ya!

She hasn't quite mastered rolling over but I know she can. I've seen her do it. I'm not really worried about it. She'll do it in her own time. And if that time isn't until she's crawling, well then so be it. I really do think that she'll stand before she crawls. She doesn't want to be sitting. She wants to be up, looking around, knowing whats going on with who. Put her in her jumperoo and watch out! She has been playing more with the things hanging from her play mat but gets mad when they hit her in the face (who would blame her?!)

One year ago I found out I was pregnant. It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. I honestly and truly can't remember my life without her. I can't, I just tried. I do remember the sleep, but thats it. I love getting her out of bed in the morning and seeing her smiling at me. I love when I say "hi baby" she gives me the BIGGEST gummy grin out there! I love rocking her in my arms as she slowing drifts off to sleep. I love kissing her chubby little cheeks and her trying to kiss me back open mouthed, full of saliva.

Addison, I love you more than anything in this world. You have brought so much joy to my life, I can't even use words to describe it. I look forward to watching you grow and learn and become more independent-not too independent...remember, dads locking you in your room until you're 30!-i love you munchkin. Happy 4 month birthday!

No comments: