Thursday, April 23, 2009

little sicky baby

Well Addison has her first ear infection :/ Last week I thought she was just being really fussy because she was teething but Friday night I couldn't take it anymore and she ended up getting a fever so I took her to the off hours clinic-side note, never go there unless you have nothing else to do. We were there for almost 3 hours. Then I had to drive to valpo for her medicine because Chesterton Walgreens was closed already. The quack of a doctor examines her and tells me she has an ear infection. I feel like a horrible mom because I didn't take her to the dr all week and just chalked it up to teething. She wasn't pulling at her ears or running a fever (except Friday night and that was still low grade). she was just cranky. He puts her on ammoxicillan and off we go. By Sunday she's her happy go lucky self again, making her morning nap her long nap (this is new..LOVE IT!) and just in general, my sweet baby is back!

Fastforward to tuesday night. She wakes up every hour from 1-5 whinning and can't get comfortable unless she's being held. but she wont sleep with me in bed. I finally get her back to a deep sleep at 4:30. thinking that in 30 minutes she's going to be up to eat again. Nope. she sleeps until 6. I feed her, back to sleep she goes until 10. All day yesterday she was just cranky and didn't know what she wanted. She was acting like this last week so off we went to the dr's. Still has an ear infection. The ammoxicillan isn't working, change to augmenten. Dr also said that she will be cutting a tooth soon (OMG!! she's getting so big already! she's only 4 months! a tooth?!). her little gums are so white and she's constantly drooling and chewing on everything. If she had teeth, her hands would have bite marks on them.

Fill her meds, give them to her and I get like a minute drop on my finger so, I dont know why I did this, instead of wipping it off, i just take it. I've had augmenten before, who cares. 10 minutes later, I break out in hives, start itching and burning up. My mom has to take addison, kyle has to go get me benadryl. I've never acted like this with any meds. I've been on so many antibiotics in my life, its crazy. At first it was just my face, and chest, by the time addison goes to bed (which I have a hard time even holding her) its now covering my whole body and just sitting hurts. So i just keep taking benadryl in hopes it will work faster-it doesn't, dont keep take benadryl. I finally sit down and watch Scrubs and it hits me. I go into a coma like sleep (which is great!!) but can't get up to go to bed because I can't function.

So lessons learned-when addison is incredibly fussy and her cheeks are slightly red, theres something wrong, don't take addisons meds, don't keep taking benadryl. Now its 5am and I'm wide awake because I went to bed at 8.

I will end with a picture of addison playing in her jumperoo. She's starting to make these funny faces, which I think are adorable.

Photobucket

No comments: