Friday, September 4, 2009

Just Monkey'n Around!

Since August flew by, I know September-November will too so I've been doing some searching for party themes for Addisons 1st birthday. After some searching and realizing that we don't want a typical "Fun to be One" theme, I think I've nailed it down to this.

It's called Mod Monkey and I guess from the blogs and websites that I've read it's very popular, even with adults. And because we call her monkey, I thought it fit perfectly! I have found some cute invitations on Etsy that I'm thinking about ordering.
These are cute

and I was thinking about these cupcake toppers because instead of doing a full cake, I was thinking about doing cupcakes instead. But that might change because I have found some adorable monkey themed cakes.

and maybe this shirt. I want to see if I can add the number "1" on the back. Some other sellers are making the shirts with name and number, but I don't think it's safe for a child's first name to be on a shirt so we'll see!


And that's what we've been up to lately. This weekend we are going to Topeka, IN and staying at my familys' cabin for a few nights. Nothing like Amish country to ring in Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Whitney Kane said...

so cute, hil

Sweet Little Lovings said...

you know I can always custom design an invite for you too! I just designed a cute monkey baby shower invite but it could totally work for a birthday. I can email it to you if you would like to see it.