Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well the time has come...

I have gone back to work. At first the thought of putting Addison in daycare or having anyone else watch her scared me to death. I didn't want someone else "raising" my daughter. I didn't want someone else watching her take her first step, say her first word etc etc. But the time has come for me to go back to work.

I thought it would be hard for me to drop her off at daycare Monday morning, but surprisingly, it wasn't. I gave her kisses goodbye, told Kelly about her morning and off she went playing. She had an "ok" day. A little whinny when she realized I wasn't around but soon went back playing. Kyle took her this morning and from what I was told she was a little stinker with him. Kelly said she had an AWESOME day! Didn't cry or whine at all except when she was hungry or tired. She took an hour nap (40 minutes longer compared to yesterday) and played all day. The other kids were sad to see her leave!

Just from the two days of her being in daycare, I can already see a difference in her needyness. She plays by herself more (not that I don't enjoy playing with her or anything), doesn't scream when I leave the room and is just becoming more independent...well as independent as a 7 month old can get I guess.

So I guess the time has come for me to let go of my insecurities of Addison being "rasied" by someone else and know that I'm doing something that will better her in the long run. *sigh* But seeing her face light up when she sees me when I pick her up makes it worth it! Definetly makes my day better!

No comments: